The arrival of spring brings with it warmer weather, sunnier days and blooming flowers. It’s natural to want to soak in the beauty of nature as the season changes. Sunrooms offer a great way to expand your living space, relax and enjoy views of the great outdoors without having to deal with the downsides of insect attacks, rainstorms or heatwaves. Here you’ll find some of the advantages of installing a sunroom in your home. Prepare to design a space that will quickly become the family favorite!
- Higher Real Estate Value: Perhaps the number one benefit to adding square footage and functional space to your home is the increased real estate value and curb appeal that comes along with it! This can be especially significant if you seek to sell your home in the future. Before building a sunroom, get a quote on how much added value the space would contribute to your home and keep that in mind while you consider building costs.
- Cut Down on Bills: Spending time in a sunroom flooded with natural light means not needing to turn on overhead lights and lamps as much, saving on electricity costs. Even during cloudier weather, there is usually enough visibility for activities like reading or computer work without switching on the lights.
- A Room for All Seasons: By selecting insulated glass windows and opting for heating and air conditioning, a sunroom is useful all year long. It can become the perfect spot to host parties and meals with friends, a playroom for the kids, a wellness retreat to practice yoga and meditate or an office zone to buckle down and get to work. It can also serve as the ideal place for a pull-out sofa when guests visit.
- Soak Up the Sun: Savor the light and warmth of the sun’s rays no matter where you curl up with an afternoon snack in your sunroom. Sunlight is an important source of Vitamin D and helps boost white blood cell production to enhance the immune system. Sunlight also helps regulate sleep cycles and mitigate Seasonal Affective Disorder, a mood imbalance most often characterized by depressed feelings during seasons with less light.
- Stretch Your Legs: It’s easy to feel a little crowded by kids’ toys, pets underfoot and the slow and steady accumulation of stuff. A sunroom offers extra square footage that can turn into a special sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the house.
- Time to Get Crafty: Whether your enjoy scrapbooking, painting, knitting or writing, a sunroom is a region of the house to spread out all your hobby materials. The best part is they will be right there where you left them when it’s time for a break. Be sure to remember that the next time you want to tackle a 1,000-piece puzzle!
- Grow Your Green Thumb: Plant lovers can rejoice in having a designated area for houseplants and herb gardens to thrive in the light. Sunrooms’ glass walls often trap heat to create an atmosphere that fosters plant growth. Houseplants are also known for improving air quality levels and increasing happiness, a double win!
Learn more helpful home renovation tips at the Charlotte Home + Remodeling Show on February 24-26 at The Park Expo and Conference Center. While there, visit Patio Enclosures (Booth 1414), Joyce Factory Direct (Booth 240), Express Sunrooms (Booth 926), Champion Windows and Exteriors (Booth 734), Porch Conversion of Charlotte (Booth 712) and Green Exterior Remodeling (Booth 1220) to chat with the experts about building the sunroom of your dreams.