Master Gardeners of Cuyahoga County Inc.
Company Description:What is the Master Gardener Program?
Master Gardeners are a diverse group of people who share their knowledge and help others grow by providing volunteer leadership and service to their communities through various gardening activities. It is a volunteer program of The Ohio State University Extension.
Our Mission - Ohio Master Gardener Volunteers are Ohio State University trained volunteers empowered to educate others with timely, research-based gardening information..
Our Vision - The OSU Extension Master Gardener Program is a premier statewide network of volunteer education and leadership development; as well as a consumer horticulture education delivery system that maximizes human, material, and natural resources, and values teamwork and excellence in educational programming.
Click for a PowerPoint© slide show about the Cuyahoga County Master Gardener Program
Master Gardener Services & Activities
* Garden Telephone Hotline Diagnosticians
* Garden Internet Email Diagnosticians
* Demonstration and test gardens
* Community Garden Programs
* Volunteer booths at flower shows, farmers' markets & fairs
* Horticultural therapy
* Educational programs for the public, and the Speakers Bureau
* Advanced Training programs for the Master Gardeners.
* Special Events such as the Plants in the Park plant sale and the annual Fall Seminar
* The Trumpet Vine newsletter - link to recent edition - link to index of selected Trumpet Vine gardening articles
* Social Events, Tours and Plant Exchanges for Master Gardeners
* And, many more!
Programs and Committees:
The programs and committees of the Master Gardeners can be categorized as those programs that are open to the public and those that are only open to Master Gardeners for purposes of ongoing education and recognition.
How Do I Become A Master Gardener?
You must be accepted to the program, attend a training class and complete 50 hours of volunteer activity.
Master Gardeners of Cuyahoga County Inc. is an Ohio not-for-profit corporation organized as a I.R.C. 501(c)(3) educational charitable entity, the members of which are Master Gardener Volunteers in the Master Gardener Program of The Ohio State University Extension. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Please consult you tax advisor.